Monero is a coin from CryptoNote family. It’s prominent features include complete intraceability, ensured by ring signatures, total security and privacy. If you’ve heard a lot about it and just can’t wait to get yourself some *shiny* digital coins, just follow our easy step-by step guide and you will be mining it in no time!
Getting started with Monero mining
- First of all, you need to be registered on MinerGate. If you don’t have an account yet, please create it here.
- Now you need to download our easy-to-use GUI miner. GUI means that it has a nifty interface and doesn’t confuse you with the commands you need to enter, as a console one. Click here to get a suitable version for your system.
- Download and install the miner. When the installation process is finished, you will need to log in with the credentials you used to register.The starting page of the program is so-called Smart miner. It is a useful feature, which allows you to mine the most profitable coin for a given moment of time. Learn more about it and other tabs of the miner in this post.
- Go to the tab Miner, located next to Smart miner. You’ll see a list of all available currencies there. If you are checking this post, you are probably interested in Monero. For your convenience, we have made it possible to hide the coins you don’t currently need. Just press the crossed eye icon to hide a coin.
- Now your first Monero earnings are only one click away! Press Start mining in CPU or GPU column if both are supported.
- You can set the number of cores you want to use or GPU intensity. Please note that choosing all the cores won’t necessarily give you the best profitability. To choose the right number of cores:
- Perform Benchmark in the corresponding tab
- See the amount of L3 cache you have and divide it by 2
- The closest whole number would be the perfect amount of cores to set
You are all set!
Mining Monero with console miners
Our GUI miner is a convenient mining tool, but we offer other possibilities as well.
We support such popular CryptoNote miners, as Claymore, Yam, ccminer and more. Please find the settings for Monero mining for each supported miner below.
Claymore CryptoNote GPU miner
NsGpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u YOUR_EMAIL -p x
Claymore CryptoNote CPU miner
NsCpuCNMiner64 -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u YOUR_EMAIL -p x
ccminer-cryptonight by tsiv
ccminer -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45560 -u YOUR_EMAIL -p x
yam -c x -M stratum+tcp://YOUR_EMAIL%40DOMAIN.COM:email@example.com:45560/xmr
We hope this post will help you to start mining Monero as quickly and easily as possible. If something you want to know is not covered, do not hesitate to contact our support team and we will gladly answer all of your questions.