MinerGate is announcing the first official API challenge!
We salute all the programmers and developers from our community and challenge you to create your own program that will knock our socks off and inspire us to give you 10 Bitcoins! Excited to get started? Find the details about the contest below or on our Forum. The Api cam\n be accessed on GitHub.
Period of the API contest:
The competition will be held for 3 months from February 5th till May 5th. The winners will be announced by May 10th. The list of winners will be published in one of our blog posts. No entries submitted after the deadline will be accepted or reviewed.
How to submit your entry:
- Send us the link to your entry by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a presentation in this Forum thread
Important: We want to stress that your presentation is as important as the project itself and your project will be judged by it, too. You will spend a lot of time on your software, so spare a couple of minutes describing what makes your project so special and why people should care about your creation. Tell us how amazing it is and why it is important for the community!
We will choose a winner and two runner-ups for the competition. The winner gets the biggest prize, so do your best to make your project sharp and polished.
1st prize: 10 Bitcoins and an interview published in our blog
2nd prize: 2 Bitcoins and a pool fee discount
3rd prize: 1 Bitcoin
Determining the winners:
We will judge the entries basing on the criteria listed below.
- Technical difficulty
- Usefulness of the entry
General rules of the API contest:
- To participate in the contest, you should have a MinerGate account. If you don’t, join us now here. Your entry should be fully functional and ready to use to be eligible for the contest.
- We strongly recommend making your submission in English. Other languages will also be accepted, although keep in mind that such entries will be extremely difficult to judge due to language complications.
- You can participate as an individual developer or form a team with your peers.
- The work you submit should be originally made and mustn’t violate any intellectual rights
- Entries inappropriate in any way will be disqualified at MinerGate’s sole discretion.
- Employees of MinerGate are ineligible to participate in the contest.
If you don’t have any programming skills – don’t worry, you can participate by sharing the information about the contest on Twitter with #MinerGateApi hashtag. After the contest is finished, we’ll randomly choose a winner who will receive pool fee discount.
We encourage you to challenge yourself even if you don’t submit anything in the end. Just give it a try and see how it goes. Think of it as a great chance to learn something new. Feel free to ask any questions about the API and leave your feedback for us in the Forum thread dedicated to the contest.