2017 was a year of many emotions and updates that managed to increase interest in cryptocurrency. Both drama increased the capitalization to 500 billion dollars.
Investors from all over the world turned to risk discretionary amounts to investments mainly Bitcoin, as an example, Mark Cuban, a renowned entrepreneur recommends investing at least 10% of your investments as part of a route to be a millionaire.
By 2018 we hope to see surprises, many governments have not established their official position before the crypto exchange control. For example, the United States, the president of the Federal Reserve of San Francisco, John Williams, said that there is no official plan of the Reserve to issue a digital currency in the short term time. However, it did announce an ongoing study on the possibility of doing so in the future.
This will be a gateway to young, millennial investments that want to risk small amounts to try new technologies, while the big investors will be busy in research and risk studies in these new currencies.
We will be seeing new young millionaires thanks to their ability to risk little with potential for the future. However, it will not be all that easy, there are developments in blockchain and tangle that can shake Bitcoin little by little while the market is distributed in all currencies.
Erik Finman has become an example as an entrepreneur and investor of Bitcoin for 14 years that had managed to convert a $ 1,000 investment in the cryptocurrency in more than one million dollars and the opportunity to never see the inside of a university institution. Finman is developing a free learning system called Botangle.
Botangle was born in May as a platform that allows to give private classes on any subject, charging for hours. We just have to find the subject we want to learn about and find the right teacher, consulting his file and hiring his services. Botangle offers online videoconferencing and office tools to allow full interaction between students and teachers, helping to distribute knowledge regardless of the geographical area.
Ethereum grows little by little and without much publicity, it has been the most solid in the markets. It will continue to grow without so many highs and lows but constant. Vitalik Buterin is one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Most Influential People 2017.
For better or for worse the updates were the order of the day. One of the most important news was MasterCard’s interest in developing applications for blockchain.
Distributed accounting technologies are achieving better and better positioning in the financial system, being supported by important companies of international stature. MasterCard the credit and debit card company will start using blockchain for fiat money transactions.
MasterCard plans to create its own blockchain version, so that it’s business customers can make payments to other entities without having to pass their plastic cards. In this way, banks and merchants will enjoy a new alternative of liquidation faster and safer.
The main objective of the company with this new blockchain is to boost the international payments of the different companies affiliated to the platform that make life in the B2B space (business to business) and that will make up some 22,000 institutions.
Technological development will be a hot topic in 2018, governments and institutions are interested in using blockchain as an economic platform.
Some news that adds to the blockchain drama for 2018:
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology conducted a pilot for the registration of university credentials in blockchain.
- The Russian government announced that during the next year they will be carrying out a pilot program at the national level with the intention of testing the use of blockchain technology in land registration.
- The Cisco Systems company registered a patent in the United States for a blockchain-based system focused on verification of Internet of Things devices.
- The Daily Dot, a famous online newspaper, offers a new specialization in Ethereum based on four courses composed of 272 lessons.
- The first cryptocurrency trading and settlement platform to receive certifications from the financial authorities of the United States of America, LedgerX, completely exceeded expectations of projected transactions for it’s first week of operation, reaching operations of around one million dollars.
- The president of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, has announced the creation of the “Petro”, a Venezuelan cryptocurrency “to advance in the matter of monetary sovereignty, to make financial transactions and to overcome the financial blockade”.
- AIG insurers are testing a blockchain intelligent contract system to oversee the creation of complex insurance policies that require international co-operation, and we should expect more to follow their steps next year.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has officially declared that Russia will issue it’s own ‘CriptoRuble’ at a closed-door meeting in Moscow, according to local news sources. The news broke through the Minister of Communications Nikolay Nikiforov.
- The Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) has revealed through a statement that new regulations will take effect in January 2018 for companies that use distributed accounting technology (DLT) to store or transmit securities.
- The multinational information technology company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), has announced the launch of it’s new product of distributed accounting technologies, blockchain 2.0, for 2018. A technological solution that seeks to strengthen the network responsible for maintaining and organizing all the Main servers of companies, Critical Mission and NonStop systems, with the aim of generating more efficient financial transactions.
- According to well-known sources, Nasdaq plans for a launch of Bitcoin futures, they will be listed on the Nasdaq Futures. As a result, investors in the traditional finance and stock brokerage industry will be able to engage in Bitcoin trading. In an interview with the WSJ, Cantor, a major US-based financial company, also revealed that it plans to launch futures and derivatives of Bitcoin on its stock exchange.
The truth is that governments and large companies are interested in these new development technologies. 2018 will be remembered as the year where blockchain climbed very high.