- About MinerGate
- How-To: MinerGate GUI guide for Windows
- How-To: MinerGate GUI guide for Mac OS
- How-To: MinerGate GUI guide for Ubuntu
- How to mine Zcash with console miner?
- How to mine Bitcoin Gold with console miner?
- How to mine Ethereum on MinerGate?
- How to mine Ethereum Classic on MinerGate?
- How to mine Ethereum with console miner?
- How to mine Ethereum Classic with console miner?
- How to start mining CryptoNote currencies on Windows?
- How to start mining CryptoNote currencies on Mac?
- How to start mining CryptoNote currencies on Linux?
- How to start mining Litecoin on MinerGate?
- What's the pool address and port for CryptoNote currencies?
- What's the pool address and port for Litecoin?
- How to start mining with MinerGate Console miner?
- Why do I suddenly get only bad shares when mining Ethereum?
This step-by-step guide will get you acquainted the MinerGate GUI app and start your mining experience.
Step 1. Download
First of all, you need to create an account in the system. There are two ways to do that: sign up on the website, or create it after downloading and first launch of the app.
If you've chosen the "Sign up/Log in" option, then read forward, but if "Download & Start Mining", then scroll down to "Step 2. Install".
Your email will be linked to your account and used to receive confirmation emails from MinerGate, so make sure it is valid. After quick filling of these 3 fields in the registration form, push "Sign up & start mining" button and you'll proceed to the next step - downloading the app.
Here you'll see your OS version and compatible version of MinerGate mining software.
You can also select the suitable version manually if you scroll the webpage down.
Step 2. Install
If you use Mozilla FireFox you'll be proposed to allow or deny downloading of the app. Choose "Allow download".
If you use Google Chrome, allow saving the file from our website. Press Ctrl+J to open the "Downloads" page in Google Chrome and click "Keep" to save the installation file.
After downloading finished - you will see the "Downloads" window with MinerGate installer. Double-click on it and initiate the installation process.
After installation finished, find the MinerGate app in applications list and click on it.
Step 3. Start mining
Log into the app to start mining:
- Create Account. You should create an account before you start mining. If you skipped this step before, now is the time.
- Email will be used as your login and will be used to receive confirmation emails from MinerGate, so make sure it is valid.
- Start mining - click to log in
- Extended mode - opens detailed statistics on your account and gives access to your wallet
- Proxy settings - mining with proxy can be enabled to reduce the network load and improve mining performance
- No proxy - don't use proxy at all
- Use system settings - the app will use SOCKS/HTTP proxy settings already configured in your system.
- Custom settings - manually set the address of your proxy server and port.
In-app registration looks quite similar to the same form on the website:
- Email - will be used as your login for the service and to receive confirmation emails from MinerGate.
- Password - set the password for your account. We recommend use strong passwords, not less than 8 symbols, with at least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letters, digits and special symbols.
- Repeat password - repeat your password. Both password should be absolutely identical.
- Referral link or code - enter the referral link if you have one. More info on our referral program available on the "Affiliate" page
After signing up, the app opens up with 6 tabs: "Wallet", "Smart miner", "Miner", "Benchmark", “Achievements” and "Support".
This is a place where your mined coins are accumulated. For each currency, you've got a "Withdraw" button to withdraw your coins from MinerGate account to your wallet. On each currency tab there are 2 numbers: confirmed (black) and unconfirmed (grey) balance.
To withdraw your coins, enter the desired withdrawal amount, the destination wallet address and the current password, and click "Withdraw". The withdrawal fee is calculated automatically.
The Payment ID field is optional. Check if the service you withdraw your coins requires a payment ID to process your transaction successfully.
2. Smart miner
Smart mining mines the currency with the highest exchange rate during the last hour. If the profit-leader changes, the application starts mining new currency. You can also mine any other coin, but this one will be the most efficient at the moment. You can also find actual information about the most profitable currency on the website, on "Calculator" page. Defining of profitability of the currency is based on hasrate to reward and difficulty ratio during the last hour. For more information please visit "Calculator" page on the website..
- Currency balance - here you can find which coin is smart mining at the moment and your confirmed balance.
- CPU mining and CPU cores - your CPU’s mining stats with number of working cores. Your hashrate depends on how many cores of your CPU/GPU are involved into mining process. The larger amount of cores are used, the higher your hashrate is.
- GPU mining and GPU cores - the same stats referring to the GPU.
- Farm settings - shows intensity of your farm's devices work
- Shares - good shares are the shares which the pool accepts. These are ones you get rewards for. Bad shares are late for a current task and not included in the net for some reasons. They are not rewarded. Last shares represent the time in seconds since the last good share you submitted.
- Shares difficulty - is a criterion that MinerGate gives your computer while mining. The more powerful it is, the more difficult shares become.
- Unconfirmed balance - indicates number of your coins which has not yet reached the minimal ammount to be confirmed. Once a threshold is passed, your balance will get confirmed and available for withdrawing.
- Reward method - is the method of how you get a reward on your account. All CryptoNote currencies support both PPS (Pay Per Share) and PPLNS (Pay Per Last N Shares) methods. To learn the difference between reward methods, see our FAQ on the site.
- Merged mining - is an option to mine several different coins simultaneously without the loss of hashrate for the main coin, thus making extra profit.
The third tab is generally the main - "Miner", where all available for mining coins are listed. Here all mineable currencies are listed with the same set of stats and parameters, which we've discovered in "Smart mining".
Our miner Application has benchmark function designed to audit your computer's mining potential. Benchmark is a great tool that helps you understand your mining power comparing to other miners' and detect some weak or strong sides of your mining machine.
MinerGate allows you to earn achievements by performing certain actions.
Every new achievement will unlock one more character that describes your activity in the MinerGate application. As soon as you unlock all achievements, you'll win our special prize.
This tab leads you to FAQ where you can find the answers to all possible remaining questions. If you did not manage to find an answer, contact us via support widget, and we'll be hapy to give you a hand.
So, now you've got an account in MinerGate service, got the MinerGate app and know some basics of mining with it. Good luck, fellow miner, we hope this experience will be useful and profitable for you!