How to mine Monero?
Getting started with Monero mining
- First of all, you need to be registered on MinerGate. If you don’t have an account yet, please create it here.
- Now you need to download our easy-to-use GUI miner. GUI means that it has a nifty interface and doesn’t confuse you with the commands you need to enter, as a console one. Click here to get a suitable version for your system.
- Download and install the miner. When the installation process is finished, you will need to log in with the credentials you used to register.The starting page of the program is so-called Smart miner. It is a useful feature, which allows you to mine the most profitable coin for a given moment of time.
- Go to the tab Miner, located next to Smart miner. You’ll see a list of all available currencies there. If you are checking this post, you are probably interested in Monero. For your convenience, we have made it possible to hide the coins you don’t currently need. Just press the crossed eye icon to hide a coin.
- Now your first Monero earnings are only one click away! Press Start mining in CPU or GPU column if both are supported.
You are all set!
Mining Monero with console miners
The GUI miner is a convenient mining tool, but we offer other possibilities as well.
We support such popular CryptoNote miners as xmr-stak, xmrig and others. Please find the settings for Monero mining for each supported miner below.
xmr-stak.exe --currency cryptonight_r -o xmr.pool.minergate.com:45700 -u firstname.lastname@example.org -p x
xmrig-amd.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45700 -u email@example.com -p x
xmrig-nvidia.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45700 -u firstname.lastname@example.org -p x
xmrig.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.pool.minergate.com:45700 -u email@example.com -p x